It’s easier than one thinks to feed fresh, homemade meals for our dogs, even when camping off the grid. Besides our dog camping gear, we always travel with one of the many Dr. Harvey’s dehydrated base mixes and their supplements, which differ depending on which dog/dogs we bring. This camping trip we brought Woody, our loyal golden retriever mix. His meals truly are easy thanks to Dr. Harvey’s, and the only way they differ from home is that we only use raw pasture-raised eggs instead of a mix of proteins.
1. Add Dr. Harvey’s dehydrated base mix, which was Canine Health for this camping adventure.
2. Add in Dr. Harvey’s supplements, which for Woody include Formative Years, Solaris, and CoEnzyme-Q10.
3. Add hot water, stir and let rehydrate for 8 minutes.
We use a Camp Chef Stryker, which boils water quickly, safely, and efficiently with propane.
Side note: I make Woody’s meals extra soupy while we camp so he stays hydrated on our hikes.
4. Add in a healthy oil, in this case, Dr. Harvey’s Health and Shine Omega-3 fish oil.
5. Add in protein, which for this camping trip is raw, pasture-raised eggs (kept cold in our cooler).
6. Bon Appetite!
After contacting Dr. Harvey’s to share the physical and mental health benefits that I witnessed after switching my dogs’ diets to Paradigm, Dr. Harvey’s has since given me free products from their lines of food, supplements, treats, and grooming essentials for my honest feedback. Dr. Harvey’s products are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease.